If you do not feel comfortable or it is not personal enough
using our Pet Loss Chat room or Forum, below are some Pet Loss hotlines that are manned
by people who can help.
(631) 643-6205 Long Island Pet
Loss Support Services, Janet Zimmerman, LCSW-R. Offices in Plainview
and Huntington, New York.
www.facebook.com/lipetloss. Three-session program providing
support for adults, children and families who are grieving the loss
of a beloved pet.
- 508-285-2525 National Cancer Support Group for Animals. We
are a group that provides support for those individuals who have or are going
to loss a pet. Although our focus is on those dealing with cancer we are
available to all those who love their "babies." Available 24 hours / 7 days a
- 540-231-8038 Staffed by Virginia-Maryland Regional College
of Veterinary Medicine; Tuesday, Thursday, 6pm to 9 pm, ET
- (801) 272-9555 Elaine Winter, LCSW - 1414 E 4500 S Suite 4
- Salt Lake City, UT 84117 Licensed Clinical Social Worker, specializing in pet
- (250) 389-8047-P.A.T.S.; Pet Loss Support Line - Greater
Victoria area, B.C. The Pet Loss Support Line is a service offered by the
Pacific Animal Therapy Society and offers emotional support to anyone who has
experienced or is anticipating the loss of a pet, for any reason. 8:00 AM to
9:00 PM Daily (Pacific Time) Long distance calls will be returned collect.
- (973) 377-7094 St. Hubert's Animal Welfare Center - 575
Woodland Avenue - Madison, NJ 07940 - For the past 8 years they have offered
pet loss support group sessions at no cost every Tuesday evening at their
facility. Individual sessions are also available for a nominal fee.
- (602) 995-5885; Companion Animal Association of Arizona -
- 561 901-4800 Beloved Buddies, Inc., Boca Raton, Florida
- 310-799-4455 Barbara Jacobs Fistanic, LCSW, 13323 Washington Boulevard, Suite 200, Los Angeles CA 90066.
Services are charged on an hourly basis.
- 888-ISU-PLSH Pet Loss Support Hotline hosted by the Iowa
State University College of Veterinary Medicine. Operational seven days a week,
6pm to 9pm (CST) from Sept-April; Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 6:00-9:00 pm
(CST) from May-August.
- 630-325-1600Staffed by Chicago VMA veterinarians and
staffs. Leave voice-mail message; calls will be returned 7 pm to 9 pm, CT
(Long-distance calls will be returned collect)
- 877-394-2273 Staffed by University of Illinois veterinary
students. Student volunteers are at the phone to answer calls on Sunday,
Tuesday, and Thursday evenings from 7-9 p.m. Central Time. Callers may leave a
message any time, and calls will be returned at their next shift, if not
- (612) 624-4747; University of Minnesota School of
Veterinary Medicine - Minneapolis, MI
- (831) 649-6283 - (831) 625-5573 Pet Psyc - Terri M. Austin,
Ph.D. - PO Box 2711 - Monterey, CA 93942. Companion animal counseling
educational services. Death/loss of pet, pet-assisted therapy, veterinary
referrals, animal care education.
- (201) 377-2295; St. Huberts Giralda - Madison, NJ
- (208) 236-2546 Sandra Brackenridge, MSW, BCD,LSW-P - Asst.
Prof. of Social Work - Idaho - Author of "Because of Flowers and Dancers".
Phone for pet loss and grief support. - No charge except the phone call.
- (888) 773-2683; The Grief Recovery Institute - Beverly
- (414) 376 0340 The Rainbow Passage - Pet Loss Support and
Bereavement Center. Charlene Douglas - 1528 E. River Rd. - Grafton, WI 53024
Email: email@example.com or
Telephone, written correspondence, and Internet pet loss support is free of
charge. Also a Pet Loss Packet of information is available free upon request.
Individual and group support sessions are also available.
- (800) 404-7387; Pet Friends, Inc. - Moorestown, NJ
- 607-253-3932 Cornell University Pet Loss Support Hotline
staffed by Cornell University Veterinary Students Tuesday-Thursday 6-9pmET,
messages will be returned.
- (303) 221-4535; Colorado State University School of
Veterinary Medicine - Fort Collins, CO
- 517-432-2696 Staffed by Michigan State University
veterinary students; Tuesday to Thursday, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm, ET
- 508-839-7966 Staffed by Tufts University veterinary
students; Mon-Fri, 6-9PM EST 24 hour voice-mail; calls from outside
Massachusetts returned collect.
- 516-785-6416 Paw To Heart Animal Bereavement Support
Services. Offering pet loss support groups free of charge since 1992.
Educational material, lectures and workshops, one on one telephone and e-mail
support also provided. Contact Medea Berkman, founder and group facilitator,
Box 317, Massapequa, New York, 11758, firstname.lastname@example.org
- (212) 838-8100; Animal Medical Center - New York , NY
- (212) 876-7700; ASPCA - New York , NY. E-mail:
email@example.com - Beeper: (800)
946-4646 PIN Number: 140-7211. Leave your telephone number and Dr. LaFarge will
return your call.
- (212) 532-6395 ; Bide-A-Wee Foundation - New York, NY
718-720-5548 - Barbara Meyers,
Certified Grief Therapist - Staten Island, NY - Home, Office
and Long Distance Phone Consultations. Complimentary
initial evaluation (by phone) is available
without cost - Holistic Animal Consulting Center.
Julie Corbin, Ph.D., LPC, 55 Madison Avenue - Suite 400 - Morristown, NJ 07960.
Paid Service, in person pet loss counseling.Clinical practice is dedicated to pet loss
and is informed by doctoral dissertation research on the Human-Canine Bond and Pet Loss.
- (888) 478-7574; Iowa State University School of Veterinary
Medicine - Ames, IA. Hours of operation: September-April: 7 days a week, 6:00-
9:00 p.m. CST, May-August: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 6:00-9:00 p.m. CST
- 1-800-404-PETS (toll-free) or 1-609-667-1717 (Local
Southern New Jersey calls) PetFriends Inc. Pet Loss Support Hotline,
Local calls will be returned within 24 hours, free of
Long distance calls will be returned collect within 24 hours.
- (708) 603-3994; Chicago Veterinary Medical Association -
- 1-(866) 266-8635 or (509) 335-5704; Washington State University - Pullman,
- (530) 926-6424 Sharon Callahan - PO Box 1056 - Mount
Shasta, CA 96067. Free grief counseling.
- (215) 898-4525; University of Pennsylvania School of
Veterinary Medicine - Philadelphia, PA
- 1 800 704 291 - Tel. (02) 9746 1911 The Australian Centre
for Companion Animals in Society (ACCAS) operates a national pet loss grief
hotline in Australia between 7 and 9pm every evening.
- 530-752-4200 Staffed by University of California-Davis
veterinary students; weekdays, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm, Pacific Time (PT) Toll
- (908) 766-0110 - Deborah Antinori, MA, RDT, LPC Licensed
Professional Counselor. A Director of Therapy at Davison Counseling
Center Pet Loss & Lifespan Transitions Counseling. Basking Ridge, NJ
(Somerset County). A Fee based individual pet loss counseling, most insurance
applicable, phone consults available for those unable to travel or living at a
distance. Deborah is the award-winning author of the audiobook, Journey Through
- (800) 445-4808) - M-F 9am-5pm PT
- (602) 995-5885 - Companion Animal Assn; 24 hrs
- (970) 491-1242 - Colorado State University, M-F 9-5 MT
- (317) 251-4028 - Indiana Pet Loss Support Group
- (210) 227-4357 - Texas United Way Helpline; 7am-3pm CT
- 089 161 5285 - Great Britain Society for Companion Animal
Studies. Fee: 49p/minute Monday thru Friday 8am-6pm; 39p/minute otherwise.
Return to the
Grief Loss Grief Center